- Document Scanners
- Network Scanners
- Brother ADS-2400N
Scan Speed (ppm/ipm): 30 pages / 60 images
Max Scan Resolution (dpi): 600
Recomended Daily Duty Cycle: 2500
ADF Capacity: 50
Light Source Technology: Dual CIS
Supported Drivers: TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, SANE
The ImageCenter™ Brother ADS-2400N Desktop Scanner with Gigabit Ethernet Networking offers powerful features for mid- to large size workgroups that help simplify the way documents are captured, managed, processed, and delivered. Using the 50-page capacity auto document feeder, it captures single and double-sided documents in a single pass at speeds of up to 30ppm, making it perfect for scanning multi-page, two-sided business documents, as well as single-page documents up to 196″ long, receipts, business and plastic cards. Easily scan to a wide variety of destinations, including OCR, email, print, network, FTP/SFTP, USB flash memory drive,, Microsoft® SharePoint®, as well as mobile devices using the free Brother iPrint&Scan app.
Brother ADS-2400N document scanner boasts various integrated image optimization features, including multi-feed detection, background removal, blank page removal and deskew support, and many more. It also includes a robust suite of scanning software, including OCR, PDF editing, and desktop document management programs.
Plus, The ImageCenter™ ADS-2400N is compatible with Kofax VRS®. An industry leader in image processing software, Kofax VRS® dynamically evaluates each scanned page and automatically applies the correct image quality settings for maximum output enhancement, making the ADS-2400N the complete scanning package for your business.
Brother ADS-2400N Main Features
- Fast Scan Speeds – Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both color and black/white, at up to 30ppm.
- Multi-Page Scanning – From the 50-sheet capacity auto document feeder (ADF).
- Gigabit Ethernet Networking – Plus a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface for local connectivity.
- High-Precision Scanning – Up to 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution, 1200 x 1200 dpi interpolated.
- Versatile Scan-to Destinations – Including Network folders, FTP/SFTP, Microsoft® SharePoint®, and mobile devices via the free Brother iPrint&Scan app.
- Integrated Image Optimization Features – Including hole punch removal, >background removal, blank page removal, deskew support, and more.
- Advanced Scanning Features – Such as 2-in-1 Mode for capturing 11″ x 17″ documents, and Continuous Scan Mode for scanning unlimited pages into a single file.
- Flexible Media Handling – Easily scans documents, photos, receipts, business and embossed plastic cards, and more – from business card size up to 8.5″(W) x 196″(L).
- Bundled with a Valuable Software Suite – Including PDF editing, OCR, and desktop document management programs.
- Kofax VRS® Compatible – An industry leader in image processing software that automatically examines scanned materials and applies the appropriate image correction settings for optimal scan results.
- Windows, Mac, and Linux® compatible.
- Outstanding Support – Includes a one-year limited warranty plus free phone support for the life of the product.
Fast, durable desktop document scanner with networking — designed with workgroups in mind
The Brother ImageCenter™ ADS-2400N Desktop Scanner is a reliable addition to your mid-to-large size workgroup which will help simplify the way documents are captured, managed, processed, and delivered. Ideally suited for a wide variety of office environments, the ADS-2400N offers wired Gigabit Ethernet network connectivity as well as a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface for local connections. With color scan speeds of up to 30 ppm (60 ipm1), single-pass duplex (two-sided) scanning, a 50-sheet capacity automatic document feeder, and daily duty cycle of up to 2,500 pages 2, the ADS-2400N is designed to efficiently tackle demanding document capture requirements.
Scan to a variety of local or shared destinations
Brother ADS-2400N gives you the option to easily scan to a number of different destinations to help you manage your documents and workflow, including scanning to a file, an image, OCR software, or even to a printer. You can also scan to a USB flash drive5, as well as mobile devices using the free Brother iPrint&Scan app6. The ADS-2400N also includes the ability to scan directly to Microsoft® SharePoint® via the included Control Center scan utility (Windows® only).
Advanced document capture solutions designed for businesses
With flexible media handling capabilities, the Brother ADS-2400N can digitize materials ranging from embossed plastic cards to documents up to 196 inches long at resolutions of up to 1200×1200 dpi (interpolated) and 600×600 (optical). It also includes a variety of integrated image optimization features to help maximize output quality, including hole punch removal, edge cleanup, despeckle, background removal and more. Advanced scanning features further enhance capture versatility, including 2-in-1 Mode for capturing 11″ x 17″ documents, and Continuous Scan Mode for scanning unlimited pages into a single file.
The ADS-2400N is also compatible with Kofax® Express and Kofax VRS® Elite software4. Kofax’s patented image enhancement and optimization software helps reduce the time involved in manual document preparation and automatically enhances the quality of scanned images, dramatically improving both manual scanning productivity and the efficiency of document capture processes.
Bundled with a complete suite of scanning software to enhance document capture processes:
• Aiding businesses to manage their document-driven processes more efficiently and productively, the ADS-2400N comes bundled with a robust suite of scanning software:
ABBYY® FineReader Sprint v.12:
• Converts documents into editable formats, including Microsoft® Office and searchable PDF, with a recognition accuracy of up to 99.8%7
• The structure of multi-page documents and retains virtually all document layout elements
ABBYY® PDF Transformer+ (Windows® only):
• Intuitive editing tools enable text editing directly within any PDF
• Protect PDFs with encrypted passwords to control access and usage
• Quickly merge documents of different file formats into a single PDF file
Nuance™ PaperPort™ 14 SE (Windows® only):
• Organize and manage all documents in one easy-to-use software application
• All-in-One Search lets you easily find scanned paper, PDF documents and digital photos anywhere on your computer
• Perfect for forms, bills, legal paperwork, tax information, receipts, warranties, and other important documents
Brother Control Center:
• Configure advanced scan settings for different scan-to destinations and store them for frequent use (i.e., dpi resolution, file format, duplex scanning)
• Allows for scanning directly to Microsoft® SharePoint® (Windows® only)
|Technology||Charge coupled device (CCD) image sensor (x 2)|
|Document feeding mode||ADF|
|Optical Resolution (dpi)||600 dpi optical resolution, 1200 dpi interpolated|
|File Formats||Searchable PDF|
|Color mode||24 bit|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||12.1" x 10.2" x 9.8 "|
|Recommended Daily Volume||Up to 2,500 scans per day|
|OS Support||Windows® XP (32-bit only), Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10, Mac® OS X v10.8.x and up, Linux®|
|Bundled Software||ABBYY® FineReader® Sprint v.12, ABBYY® PDF Transformer Plus (Windows®), Nuance™ PaperPort™ 14SE (Windows®), Control Center 4 (Windows®), Control Center 2 (Mac®)|
|Ultrasonic paper jam detection||Yes|
|Long Paper Mode||Yes|
|ADF Minimum||2.0" (W) x 2.0" (L)|
|ADF Maximum||8.5" x 196"‡|
|Paper Thickness and Weight||11 lb. - 110 lb. (27 - 413 g/m2)|
|ADF Speed (ppm) ADF Speed pages per minute||30 pages|
|ADF Speed Duplex (ipm) ADF Speed Duplex images per minute||60 images|