- Document Scanners
- Brother PDS-6000
Scan Speed (ppm/ipm):
Max Scan Resolution (dpi):
Recomended Daily Duty Cycle:
Light Source Technology:
The PDS-6000 High-Speed Desktop Scanner offers powerful features for medium to large-size businesses and offices with demanding scanning requirements. Using the generous 100-page capacity auto document feeder, this scanner is able to capture single and double-sided documents in a single pass at speeds of up to 80ppm‡, making it perfect for scanning multi-page, two-sided business documents, as well as single-page documents up to 236″ long‡, business cards, and embossed plastic cards‡. Easily scan to a range of destinations, such as file, OCR, email, FTP, network folders, and Microsoft® SharePoint®, in a wide variety of file formats including PDF, TIFF, JPEG, as well as Microsoft® Office formats‡. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface also enables rapid processing of scanned images to help maximize your business’s productivity.
The PDS-6000 boasts various integrated image optimization features, including ultrasonic multi-feed detection, background removal, blank page removal and deskew support. It also features batch barcode support for scan job separation, to help simplify file sorting and searching. Plus, the PDS-6000 is compatible with Kofax VRS®‡. An industry leader in image processing software, Kofax VRS® dynamically evaluates each scanned page and automatically applies the correct image quality settings for maximum output enhancement, making the PDS-6000 the complete high-volume scanning package for your mid to large-size business.
- Ideal for High-Volume Scanning Environments – With a daily duty cycle of up to 6,000 pages‡
- High-Speed Scanning – Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both color and black/white, at up to 80ppm‡
- Multi-Page Scanning – From the generous 100-sheet capacity auto document feeder (ADF)
- High-Precision Scanning – Up to 600 dpi optical resolution, plus a robust collection of image optimization features including multistream, dynamic threshold, edge cleanup, hole punch removal, despeckle, color matching, and more
- Rapid Image Processing – Via the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface
- Advanced Scanning Features – Including ultrasonic multifeed detection with reversing roller to ensure each page is properly scanned, and batch barcode support for simplified file sorting and searching
- Versatile Media Handling – Easily scans business and plastic cards, including embossed plastic cards‡, and a variety of documents up to 236″ in length‡
- Scan Destinations – E-mail, OCR, File, Image, FTP, Network, Print, and Microsoft® SharePoint®‡
- Kofax VRS® Compatible‡ – An industry leader in image processing software that automatically examines scanned materials and applies the appropriate image correction settings for optimal scan results
- Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® compatible
- Outstanding Support – Includes a one-year limited warranty plus free phone support for the life of the product
The Brother™ PDS-6000 features blazing fast duplex scan speeds of up to 80ppm1, Kofax VRS® compatibility2, and a generous 100-sheet capacity auto document feeder. It is an excellent small / mid-sized class scanner for offices with demanding, batch scanning requirements and paper to digital workflows.
The PDS-6000 is built to handle virtually all of the scanning a medium / large size business can send its way! It accurately captures both sides of color and black/white documents at an incredible speed of up to 80ppm, and the generously-sized automatic document feeder lets you load up to 100 sheets at a time. It also boasts a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to facilitate rapid data transfer of documents with precision reproduction at optical resolutions up to 600 dpi. It’s also up to the task of scanning alternate media types including embossed plastic cards3 and hard copy documents up to 236” in length.4
The PDS-6000 is compatible with Kofax VRS® software2, which dynamically evaluates each scanned page and automatically applies optimum image quality settings. Kofax’s patented image enhancement software reduces time-consuming manual document preparation and enhances the quality of scanned images, dramatically improving both manual scanning productivity and the efficiency of document capture processes.
Plus, the PDS-6000 is designed with a number of features to optimize the scanning process and promote clean archived documents:
- Batch Barcode Scanning – For simplified file sorting and searching
- Multistream Scanning – Produces a color, grayscale and black and white output file in a single scan
- Dynamic Threshold – Image enhancement process used to improve the accuracy of optical character recognition (OCR)
- Blank Page Removal – Automatically removes blank pages from your document to help reduce file size and the need for editing
- Edge Cleanup – Fills impression of document border edge with solid white or black
- Punch Hole Removal – Fills punched holes from physical document with the surrounding document color in the finished scan
- Despeckle – Erases small scan imperfections that can result from dust or scratches
- Multi-feed Detect with Reversing Roller – Paper separation process to ensure each page is scanned properly
- Color Drop Out – Filters out a targeted single color from a document
The PDS-6000 gives you the option to scan to a number of different destinations to help you manage your documents and optimize your workflow. You can scan to a network folder, or FTP site5 to easily save, distribute, and share information within your organization or with external partners. The PDS-6000 even allows you to scan directly to Microsoft® SharePoint®5.
The PDS-6000 features industry-standard drivers, including TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS6, and SANE7 to help ensure easy integration with third-party scanning software packages for scanning documents into a wide variety of popular business applications. Plus, it’s compatible with Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® operating systems, so it’s ready to work with virtually every computer in your office!
Brother offers a one-year limited warranty on the PDS-6000, and we proudly stand behind your purchase with FREE phone support for the life of your product. Whether you have a product question or a technical issue, Brother is always at your side.
|Document feeding mode||-|
|Optical Resolution (dpi)||600|
|Color mode||24 bit|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||316 W x 187 D x 183 H (mm)|
|Recommended Daily Volume||Up to 6,000 scans per day|
|OS Support||Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1 or later, Mac® OS X v10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x or later, Linux® RedHat 9, Ubuntu 6.06, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Mandriva, and Debian|
|Bundled Software||Nuance™ OmniPage® SE 18 (Windows®), Presto!® PageManager® 9 (Mac®), DS Capture, Button Manager V2 (Windows®)|
|Ultrasonic paper jam detection||Yes|
|Long Paper Mode||Yes|
|ADF Minimum||2.0" (W) x 2.13" (L)|
|ADF Maximum||8.5" x 236"‡|
|ADF Speed (ppm) ADF Speed pages per minute||80 PPM|