- Document Scanners
- Kodak i2420
Scan Speed (ppm/ipm): Up to 40 ppm
Max Scan Resolution (dpi): 600 DPI
Recomended Daily Duty Cycle: Up to 5,000 pages per day
ADF Capacity: 75 Sheets
Light Source Technology: Dual indirect LED
Supported Drivers: TWAIN, ISIS, WIA drivers; Kodak Capture Pro Software Limited Edition; Smart Touch; Nuance PaperPort and OmniPage; NewSoft Presto! PageManager; NewSoft Presto! BizCard Xpress; TWAIN drivers
Today’s business runs on information. To get information flowing faster, you need the Kodak i2420 Scanner that combines simple operation and time-saving features in a remarkably small and powerful package.
- Enhance your productivity by feeding mixed document weights and sizes in one batch.
- With Kodak Alaris’ Smart Touch technology you can perform up to nine different scanning tasks with the push of a button — including creating PDFs, attaching documents to e-mails, or sending scanned files to Cloud services.
- The innovative, stow-or-go design lets you store the scanner upright when not in use.
- No waiting for scanner lamps to warm up: start scanning instantly with always-ready LED light.
A surgery center enjoys a simpler solution
The staff at a large surgery center is focused on the important business of patient care. But their jobs also involve lots of paperwork. Up to 150 forms and letters arrive daily as part of serving over 13,000 patients. To deal with this flood of documents, they rely on a Kodak i2420 Scanner, integrated with workflow and document management software. The solution captures data and makes it available to 20 clinical team members.
The IT manager at the surgery center, and the people who use the solution every day, especially appreciate these key benefits of the Kodak i2420 Scanner:
- Speed: Busy staffers love the fact that the scanner starts working instantly with no warm up time. And once rolling, the i2420 Scanner can process up to 5,000 pages per day at 40 pages per minute. The i2420 Scanner also eliminates the time-wasting need to photocopy color documents before scanning to improve quality.
- Simplicity: Everyone at the center mastered the scanner in minutes, thanks to brilliantly intuitive Smart Touch technology. The Kodak i2420 Scanner automatically handles problems that can slow down the process, such as rotating pages so they’re right reading, and recognizing color pages mixed in with black and white.
- Reliability: Since documents received are critical to patients’ health, the surgery center counts on the reliable uptime of the i2420 and the 3-year warranty that backs it up.
|Light Source||Dual indirect LED|
|Document feeding mode||ADF|
|Optical Resolution (dpi)||600 DPI|
|File Formats||Single and multi-page TIFF, JPEG, RTF, BMP, PDF, searchable PDF|
|Grayscale mode||256 levels (8-bit)|
|Color mode||48 bits (16 x 3)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||Height: 246 mm (9.7 in.); Width: 330 mm (13 in.); Depth: 162 mm (6.3 in.)|
|Weight||5.5 kg (12 lbs.)|
|Recommended Daily Volume||Up to 5,000 pages per day|
|OS Support||Windows XP SP2 and SP3 (32-bit), Windows XP x64 Edition SP2, Windows Vista SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions, Windows Server 2012 x64 Editions, Linux Ubuntu 14.04 (LTS)* (32-bit and 64-bit). Mac OS v. 10.8, 10.9 or 10.10* or later|
|Bundled Software||WINDOWS Bundled software: TWAIN, ISIS, WIA Drivers; KODAK Capture Pro Software Limited Edition; Smart Touch; NUANCE PAPERPORT and OMNIPAGE|
|Ultrasonic paper jam detection||Yes|
|Long Paper Mode||Yes|
|ADF Minimum||50 mm x 50 mm (2 in. x 2 in.)|
|ADF Maximum||216 mm x 863 mm (8.5 x 34 in.) Long document mode: 216 mm x 4,064 mm (8.5 in. x 160 in.)|
|ADF Capacity||75 sheets|
|Paper Thickness and Weight||34–413 g/m2 (9 to 110 lb.) paper. ID card thickness: up to 1.25 mm (0.05 in.)|
|ADF Speed (ppm) ADF Speed pages per minute||40 pages|
|ADF Speed Duplex (ipm) ADF Speed Duplex images per minute||80 pages|